This activity is part of the SPACE Arts and Sciences Certifcate (2 credits)
Attendants for the SPACE Showcase provide an important service to the students, staff, and faculty of Dawson College by creating a welcoming and informative environment for all visitors while overseeing the safety of the exhibited work.
Attendants are expected to:
• be punctual and professional;
• be able to remain alert while people are near the work;
• enforce rules in a courteous manner (ie, no touching when applicable);
• become knowledgeable about the artists and works on view;
• answer visitors’ questions regarding the works;
• provide a friendly and welcoming environment.
Attendants will receive a training kit with information about all of the works in the exhibition as well as background information on SPACE, since another important role for the attendants is that they become ambassadors for SPACE. They are therefore encouraged to explain what SPACE is to those who are curious, as well as the various ways of being involved (the certificate, activities, etc). A handout will be provided for this purpose.
The Showcase will take place during the week of May 2nd in 3C.1, and schedules will be organized in conjunction with students’ schedules.
Those interested in working as Attendants can contact Ursula Sommerer at firstname.lastname@example.org or indicate that you would like to by filling out the form below. When using the form please indicate your possible availbility in the message field.